Saturday, July 21, 2012

Once Upon A Springtime....

I decided to get out the distress inks and a bunch of stamps and create a collage piece.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to use it for.  Maybe a card or an album cover but I can't decide.  So until I come up with something more I'm just going to post it as is.

I started out with white card stock and inked it up with a bunch of different distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china, shabby shutters & spun sugar).  I used a variety of stamps and colors to create the background.  I then stamped the fairy and mushroom on white paper and colored them with copics.  I cut them out and glued them to the background.

Updated info - July 26th, 2012

Stamps used to create this image
Script text background - Inkadinkado - broken china distress ink
Flourish scrolls up the side of the card - Basic Grey (flourish corners set) peeled paint distress ink
Tall mushrooms (peeled paint) butterfly (broken china), Once Upon a Springtime (chipped sapphire) and fairy (memento tuxedo black) are all from the Hampton Arts Graphic 45 stamp sets Once upon a springtime 1 & 3. 
The mushroom (memento tuxedo black) the fairy is standing on is from the Crafty Secrets Fairyland stamp set.


I colored the mushroom and fairy with copic markers and cut them out and glued them to the background piece. Copic colors - E00, E01, E02 - Y21, Y26 - YG00, YG21 - G000, BG0000 - B000, B01, & B02.
I also used sakura sky star and golden star glitter pens.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Dee

No comments: