Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Autumn Leaves!

Well I found another challenge I wanted to do over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.  I love Autumn, as I've mentioned many times and I especially love the colors.  This challenge was for "Autumn Leaves" so you could use Autumn Leaves product or just go with the Autumn Leaves theme.  Since I love the colors so much I decided to go with that.

I made a card similar to this last year but I decided to change it up a bit.  I cut the leaves out on the cricut using "A Child's Year" cartridge.  I inked them up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (wild honey, rusty hinge & barn door).  I embossed the background piece with the craft concepts "Venus" embossing folder and edged it with the rusty hinge and barn door ink.  I wanted to give the leaves a little more dimension so I crinkled them up a bit.  The greeting is from the Bo Bunny "apple cider" stamp set and I used memento Morocco ink.
I'll be back with another post for Halloween later on today.  Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy & Safe Halloween everyone!

Dee

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Love the embossing... it goes perfectly with the leaves! :) Thanks for participating in our 'Autumn Leaves' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo