Thursday, October 4, 2012

More Thanksgiving Cards!

This is going to be a busy weekend for me so I thought I better get this post up today.  It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I will have lots to do. I know I have to do some baking, I might be able to sneak in my studio while the pies are in the oven.  Did I mention I love this time of year!!!  The temperature is just right, sun shine and crisp air and the colors are beautiful.  You can actually cook nice meals without melting in the kitchen  I always feel very creative and energetic this time of year.  I also want to redecorate and organize everything  LOL!  I will probably start on that after the holiday weekend.  Kit is never happy when I do this (she has her favorite spots and she doesn't like it when I move them).  

Anyhow, here are a couple more Thanksgiving cards that I made last week.  The first one is another card I made with the patchwork pumpkins (details in this post).  Again the paper is from the Bo Bunny "apple cider" line.  I stamped some leaves on the edges of the patterned paper and the greeting using a stamp from the inkadinkado Fall Season stamp set and memento rich cocoa ink.  I cut out the greeting and the mat with spellbinders labels two.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks (scattered straw, barn door, tea dye and walnut stain) to ink the greeting square and then stamped the greeting using rich cocoa (memento) ink.  For the greeting I used the "happy" stamp from the flourishes tag line stamp set and the "Thanksgiving" is from an old Anna Griffin stamp set by plaid.  I colored a few pearls with copic markers YR18, Y38 & YG97  for a little bit more detail.
 For the second card I decided to use up the some older paper I had left over from the "apple cider" line by Imaginisce (this paper is from 2010). I had some scraps left from another project and cut out some of the trees and a little raccoon and popped them up with foam dots.  I cut out the ovals using the cricut machine and edged the greeting one and the patterned paper with pumpkin spice versa magic chalk ink.  I stamped the greeting with memento potter's clay ink and added a couple of Kaiser craft rhinestones.  I used some sew easy cream soda baker's twine and attach the greeting using some foam dots.
Here is another picture I took while up at Whistler last week.  I can't wait to go again!!!  I think I'll take my other camera and get a couple of video's.

I hope to be able to get another post up before Sunday but just in case I don't, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Dee

No comments: