Friday, November 30, 2012

All Spruced Up!

At least my place is getting that way.  I got a small tree this year (artificial) and decided to put it up...and so far Kit is ignoring it (hooray) and I did manage to get some other decorations up as well.  I have also been on a mission to reorganize my craft studio.  It becomes an absolute disaster area when I get in there and work.  I also have trouble finding things and keep forgetting to use certain embellishments because they are hidden and I don't think of them.

I did do a little bit of crafting this week and I decided to make a card for the Simon Says Challenge.  This one was easy as it is a "anything goes" challenge.  Here is the card I made with one of the new Christmas stamps I got a few weeks ago.  The stamp is called "Getting Spruced Up" from High Hopes stamps, I just love this guy.  I colored it with copic markers (G40, 82, 85 - YR04, 07 - R22, 24, 27 29 - E23, 25, 27 - N3, 5, 7 - Y35, 38 & BG10) and embellished it with clear glaze pen, clear stardust pen and diamond stickles.  The greeting is from a Kaiser craft stamp set and I used lady bug memento ink.  The patterned paper is from the Bo Bunny "Mistletoe" collection.
Well that's it for tonight.  I can't believe we are already into December and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping.  I guess I better get busy and get to work!  I hope to be able to keep posting at least a couple of times a week but it might not be possible.  Take care and have a great weekend everyone.

Dee

5 comments:

elemental creative said...

Hi, we just opened a store in the Lonsdale Quay Market, we saw your beautiful gift cards and wondered if you would be interested in supplying us? We love your vintage inspired christmas cards however we would need to stock up pretty soon as December is already upon us! please contact us ASAP at info@enlightenspiritual.com if you are interested.

Blessings,
Enlighten Spiritual Centre

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card! I love the sweet image! The chevron background works so well with it too! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Mason Jar Cards said...

Very cute, had to pin it.

Mason Jar Cards said...

Very cute, pinned it

Mason Jar Cards said...

Very cute. Pinned it.