Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Monkey!

Here is another birthday card I made this week.  I made this for the All That Scraps challenge and another card for the Simon Says challenge.  The All That Scraps challenge this week was Anything Goes but you have to use a stamp from the All That Scraps store.  This cute little guy is "Birthday Monkey" by C.C. Designs.  The Simon Says challenge this week is paper piecing, and I paper pieced the cupcake and used some diamond stickles on the frosting.

I stamped the image with memento espresso truffle and coloured it with copics (E21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 71, 79, - R22, 24 & N1.  I used the out of the box technique to cut out the image with spellbinders large & small labels (as well as all the mats).  I edged all the pieces with jumbo java versa magic ink. It is really hard to tell in the picture but I covered cherry with rose stardust pen and as mentioned above diamond stickles on the frosting.  The patterned paper on the main part of the card is from Three Bugs in a Rug, the paper on the cupcake is from My Mind's Eye & Basic Grey.  The greeting is from "Flourishes" tag line stamp set and is stamped with the same ink I used for the main image.  I used 3 different coloured rhinestones (pink, blue & green) to pick up the different colours in the paper.

Well that's it for tonight, I'll be back in a couple of days with another card. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Dee

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute, love the adorable monkey and the cute card design. thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Joy said...

Gorgeous little monkey..thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

Very cute! Love the cupcake! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!