Thursday, January 31, 2013

Marilyn!

I had a little Christmas money left over to do some craft shopping in January.  I of course had to get a few new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps (I got lots for Christmas see this post for pics) but, they keep making more so I keep buying more LOL.  With this shipment I got Marilyn and a couple of others.  I decided to use her for the Something Old, Something New challenge.

Marilyn is my something new and the papers are the something old.  I stamped Marilyn with tuxedo black memento ink and coloured her with copic markers ( Y21, 23, 26 - E000, 00, 21, 04 - N0, 1 - BG0000. 10 & R20).  I cut the image and mat out using spellbinders large and small petite ovals. The patterned paper is an from an old line by Kaiser Craft "Spirograph"  I think it must be about 4 years old,  I know I used it in a class I taught in spring 2009 LOL.  I loved the paper line so much I bought a whole bunch of it and still have it in my stash.  I also punched some little flowers out with an old mini flower punch as little accents.  I decided to keep with the Kaiser Craft theme and use their blue grey rhinestones and a greeting from their Birthday mini clear stamp set.
I'm planning a crafting day on Monday so I should have lots to post next week.  I really have to get busy making Valentine cards this weekend.  I can't believe tomorrow is February 1st already!!!  Thanks for stopping by everyone, have a great weekend!!!

Dee

2 comments:

Nana Diana said...

Your Marilyn card is just wonderful, isn't that a great stamp?! I love your layout and your colours too. Thanks so much for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Good Luck!!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I love your card...that stamp is so nice (on my KKS wish-list)...love the colours and the details you put on your card. Thanks for sharing. Good luck on the challenge.