Thursday, February 7, 2013

Aphrodite!

The goddess of Love & Beauty...I couldn't think of a better stamp for some Valentine cards and challenges!!!  I made this card for the Kraftin' Kimmie "Texture" challenge and the Simon Says Stamp "Have A Heart" challenge.

The picture isn't the best and the stickles were still wet at the time.  It is hard to see all the spots the star dust pens have been used (head piece as well as dress).  It looks much better in person.

I started by stamping Aphrodite by "Kraftin' Kimmie" stamps with black memento ink and colouring her with copic markers (E0000, 00, 01, 02, 23, 25, 27, 29 - R20, 22, 24, 27 - N0, 1, 5, 7 & B000)  I also added some sakura star dust pens to her outfit both red star and clear star.  I wanted lots of texture on the card so I  used swiss dot embossing folder for the piece behind the image.  I then decided to pop up some of the hearts  at different levels some with glue dots and some with foam dots.  I had originally coloured the hearts with red star dust pen but it didn't seem to show up enough so I covered them with Christmas Red stickles.

The patterned paper is from the Echo Park "Yours Truly" collection and I stamped a couple of swirls in the corners to match the Love sentiment (Flourishes stamps) and then added a little more texture with some rhinestones.  I cut the hearts out of white card stock with an old EK Success double heart punch and coloured them with copic R27.
That's it for tonight, thanks for stopping by.  I hope to be back tomorrow with another post.  Have a great weekend everyone and happy crafting!

Dee

1 comment:

Lin said...

Love those glittery hearts, Dee! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!