Monday, December 30, 2013

Season's Greetings!!!!

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a very Happy Christmas, Yule, Solstice or whatever you happen to celebrate this time of year.  I am enjoying the holidays but they have been very busy.  I did get a couple of projects done lately but haven't had much time for posting.  This first card I am posting is for the current Simon Says Challenge.  The challenge this time is "Bling it on...Time to Party".  It is a Christmas card but that is as good a time as any to Party!!!

For this card I finally got a chance to use some of the new supplies I bought to make Christmas cards this year LOL.  I didn't get many cards made maybe 3 or 4 max.  Fortunately I had a good supply left from last year.  Anyhow the picture for this card didn't turn out very well because you can't see how much glitter is on it.  There is micro fine glitter all over his beard, eyebrows, hat and snowflakes.  I layered metallic gold and red card stock for the rest of the card.  I embossed the background card stock using the Sissix Tim Holtz "holiday print" embossing folder and then ran a metallic gold ink pad over the letters to make them pop.  I colored the image with copics and then used a clear glaze pen on his glasses.  For the greeting a used the Whimsy stamps Holiday Notables 2 stamp set and matching die and then colored it with the same gold ink pad I used for background.  The Santa stamp (delta - rubber stampede) is one of my favorites, I have had this a few years now and use it for several cards every year.

Well I think that is all the details I have for this card.  I know there are some details missing from a couple of previous posts and as soon as I find the information for them I will post an update.  Thanks for stopping by everyone!  Wishing you all a very Happy, Healthy & Safe 2014!!!
Dee

No comments: