Monday, March 13, 2017

Studio Changes!!!

So a couple of years ago I rearranged my studio and I really liked it at the time, however it wasn't working for me.  There just wasn't enough working room on the desk and I always ended up with a huge mess, (as you can see from the picture below) especially after I moved my computer to my studio desk as well. I really wanted a bigger desk and more working area and after some thought and tricky rearranging I came up with this.  I have posted some pictures at the bottom of this post of what it looked like before (I really did like it before it just wasn't practical)

AFTER

 So as you can see it still follows the same wall and fills most of it but I removed part of the second tier on one side.  I used the cubes sideways underneath and was able to extend one half of the desk out another 16"! So now I have a huge work space on one half (that is when the cats actually let me use it...they like to use it as a bed most days).  


I use this half of my desk for the computer, stamping and coloring area.  I have most of my stamps stored on shelf above desk and have just finished reorganizing them all (that took forever!).  I'm still working on labels for all the baskets & boxes!  


I also keep most of my die sets on magnetic sheets on the storage cubes and walls.  I tried storing them in boxes or pages in binders etc. but, I really need them to be out and visible.  It makes life so much easier when I'm trying to decide what to use for a project.  


For the other side of the desk I tried to keep a large working space clear!


I have my Cricut Create and cartridges here (more cartridges in box under cricut).  Two cubes store all my 12x12 cardstock, I leave my small paper trimmer on the desk so I have it close.  


 I also have all my Distress & Memento inks on this desk. The brown basket houses all my containers of current works in progress.


This smaller desk that is on the end wall provides another work station. I store my Big Shot (and embossing folders), Zutter, larger paper trimmers & my sewing machine here.  Sewing machine is under blue cover...girls won't leave it alone when it is isn't covered :)

BEFORE 




Well, it is really late and I have probably messed up this post at some point...no doubt I will have to come back tomorrow and fix it ...LOL!  Thanks for stopping by, I do have some pictures lined up for another post, maybe tomorrow!
Happy Crafting
Deanna

No comments: