Monday, April 10, 2017

Make A Rainbow!

This project almost didn't get finished in time!!!  As I type there are about 4 hours or so left to post this.  This project I created for the Simon Says Monday Challenge "Make A Rainbow".  They design team made so many beautiful project this week that you couldn't help but be inspired!

This is what I came up with after looking at all their wonderful samples.  Of course I now have to go out and buy the correct size frame for it.  I put it in a slightly bigger one just to see how it will look, but I really need to get the proper size.

For the  background piece - I followed the instructions I found on AmyR's blog - click here for post! The Tim Holtz distress inks I used were - black soot, mustard seed, wilted violet & blueprint sketch and copic opaque white paint.
The buildings I cut out with "cityscape nightline"die from Memory Box and the other buildings are using another die (unfortunately I can't find the package to tell you the name of it).  I used Tim Holtz distress inks to water color these (tumbled glass, festive berries, peeled paint, squeezed lemonade, broken china, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, candied apple, twisted citron, mustard seed & wilted violet).  I just stamped some of each ink on a plastic palette and spritzed it with lots of water and used an aqua brush to paint them.  The buildings are attached to the background piece with glue dots.

For the moon I just cut out a circle and sponged it with a bit of brilliance moonlight white ink and a bit of the mustard seed ink edged on one side.  I then used the "peeled paint" stamp by Prima to stamp the texture on with the black soot ink.  It is attached to the background piece with foam squares.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at the background.  I love making these 3D art pieces and wish I had a proper size frame to put it in right now. Oh well, it gives me a good excuse to go shopping later this week. 😀

Thanks for stopping by and I do hope to be back tomorrow with another post!

Deanna


2 comments:

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Dee, love the dimension on the buildings... awesome background as well.

Anna-Karin said...

This is amazing! I am so glad that you made the deadline. The dimensional rainbow city is wonderful and I absolutely love the multicolored starry sky, and that wonderful textured moon. Such a clever way to make a moon. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!!